!! News !!
Appletree have been allocated £18, 290 for academic year 2019-2020 for the school sport premium.
This is split into two payment parts of: November £10,669 and then the final payment in May £7,621.
The playground developments have been completed! See more details below. The children are very excited to have this open and ready for exploring!
New targets and aims have been established for this year:
- To continue to achieve Sainsbury’s School Games Gold award.We are aiming for a first for Appletree Gardens of the Platinum award, which is achieved by receiving gold standard for 5 continuous years.
- To develop the outdoor playground to make it interactive for play and lunch times..
- To involve and encourage the less active children.
- To give teachers the opportunity to be involved in CPD.
- To attend festivals and maintain the progress in the School Games Medal Table
Extra Curricular Activities
In Autumn 64% of KS1 children attended a sports club.
In Autumn 68% of KS2 children attended a sports club.
** 2018/2019 Year 4 swimming - 50% of children achieved 25 metres or more in their final assessment **
New Playground Equipment
We are excited to announce the major work on our existing play equipment and the development of a brand new play area in the reception garden is now COMPLETE!! The trim trails and tree house will allow the children to explore, build confidence and challenge their physical development.
Already in use on the first morning!
School Games Mark
For the fourth consecutive year Appletree have been awarded the Gold Standard. This is recognition for the excellent work we do within PE and sports provision throughout the year. The award has 3 levels – bronze, silver and gold. Each standard has different criteria to achieve and at the end of the application an overall judgement is made. We are proud of our PE and will continue to dedicate time and efforts in this area.
Empty! Please add a resource.